Monday, June 14, 2010

You're so sheer, you're so chic


Recently I've been wearing these awesome leggings I got marked down to €8.50 in Oasis last week. I was drawn to them like a magpie, I think my wardrobe needs a bit of a shake-up and I want more striking items to incorporate into my more conservative style of dress, a hint of eccentricity makes me happy.




Skirt, H&M. Belt, H&M. Top, Urban Outfitters. Boots, vintage Justins via etsy. Leggings, Oasis. Sailboat necklace, Topshop.

I got the pleated sheer skirt on ebay for £5 including postage and I absolutely love it, even though its a tad on the big side. The length is perfect, I'm actually becoming more found of calve-skimming skirts as opposed to the shorter skimpier minis in my wardobe. And its sheer! I'm loving sheer things at the moment, I don't know why I didn't before, I'm only just realizing the possibilities. I'm actually quite happy with this outfit because everything was bought on sale except for the boots and it doesn't look cheap.


Skirt, H&M. Belt, H&M. Dress, Topshop. Shoes, Office. Necklace, Accessorize (21st gift)

Recently, I've also started voluntary work at the Yeats Society Sligo, its only 3-6 hours a week, a lot of sitting around, but the ladies that are in charge there are lovely and it gets me out of the house. I am a 'meet and greet' person. I also will be beginning at The Model gallery soon too, more sitting around, but in a creative environment.
I'm considering Oxfam too, I got the application form today and it had that typical charity shop smell with a bored, dull woman behind the counter, but I could pick up some bargains there and it'd just be for the summer and most importantly, its all for a good cause!

PS. I just watched Nationwide (an irish around the country type programme) and it featured Miss Courtney's Tearooms, I'm dying for a roadtrip down to the South-West now just to visit this beautiful tea shop! Its my dream to manage somewhere as lovely someday!

15 comments:

  1. I think your are fabulous for volunteering! If I didn't work and had the time I would too :) Oxfam would be a great place to work, think of all the vintage bargains!

    I love those leggings, so individual! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is gorgeous! I volunteer with my local guides unit. Not much, but it's something (:

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I really enjoy your blog, I study art history (and philosophy) so we have a little something in common :) I volunteer at the school of fine arts gallery that exhibits work from the university students as well as other artists, it's a couple of hours sitting for a week but I like it! I feel encouraged to seek more opportunities to volunteer now, and I think the places with 'dull woman behind the counter' could use some lively young-ins like us hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoe, let's go shopping when i get to London! I need to make my wardrobe less beachy and more urban!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh oh, I am in love with your tights/shoes! :D And also you are totally rocking the bangs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that skirt is perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking gorgeous, mrs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya, nice one for putting me onto that cafe in Killarney, visiting my folks in caherciveen on Thursday so will sus it out on route!

    This is Sapsorrow from boards.ie btw, started my own blog the last day:

    http://foodfloraandfelines.blogspot.com/

    Will be starting a personal style one soon too! Love your etsy bookmarks too btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good lord, those leggings are fabulous! I'm really digging the skirt, too, so rock on with your sheer self! The Yeats Society gig has me totally jealous in a dorky way, but congratulations all the same. :]
    Also, tea shop--YES PLEASE. :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! Those leggings are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those leggings are awesome, a really great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh i saw a girl working in the stockholm oasis store wearing those leggings and was like woah fittie, they are damn hot! love that skirt, alexa chung has started wearing calf length skirts so much lately that they are bound to be hot stuff soon, you did the trend first!xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that second photo! I'd love to volunteer, but I honestly don't think I'd have time haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love fuller, longer skirts - so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your skirt is smart!

    http://melleironandwood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete